Welcome

Hello and welcome to Laundry Basket Quilts Blog. We have experienced quite a bit of winter here in Michigan lately and while we could say enough with the snow, we didn’t – we embraced the winter wonderland with our newest collection of fabrics “Believe” available in stores July 2011 that reflects some of the beautiful silhouettes that Mother Nature brings! Along with new fabrics we always have new quilts, here are some of my newest patterns which will be available along with the fabrics.

Frosty Window

Frosty Window – I love this two color quilt simple design based on 1.5″ blue strips was a delight to make! The light background “Believe” fabric has wonderful images and words that bring warmth to this quilt.

Sweet Mint

Sweet Mint uses every fabric from the “Believe” collection, I love the fun scrappy look of this quilt just as much as I like sweets, candy canes and mints are my favorites!

Red for Valentine's Day

Eight weeks ago I planted the bulb for this flower, and what a gift I got for Valentine’s Day – Happy Valentine’s day to all you sweethearts out there!

Fabrics Swatches Arrived!

Spring must be right around the corner, my new Spring 2011 Collection has just arrived and I love getting that little UPS Box – I’m in for an enjoyable afternoon!
Come visit again!

50 thoughts on “Welcome

1. Zane1992

This article is on 11 spot in google’s search results, if you want more traffic, you should
    build more backlinks to your articles, there is one trick to get free, hidden backlinks from authority forums, search on youtube: how to get
    hidden backlinks from forums

2. Kathy Bonafede in Frederick, Colorado

I absolutely love all of your quilts and their patterns. My wish is to be able to collect fabrics (as if I don’t already have a huge stash) and to quilt 12 hours a day, interspersed with family (5 adult children, and 9 grandchildren) at family dinners which my attorney husband cooks–because he loves to cook. I just love being a homebody and making a beautiful space for us to live and entertain. I collect quilting books, and have two entire bookshelves with my quilting books, which I regularly pull off the shelves to inspire me.

3. Jane Kluchka

My Christmas wish is for my friends and family receive a healthy happy new year and for our country to bring home the troops so they too can be with their families.
    Thank you!

4. Angie Basham

What is on my bucket list…..finishing UFO’s in my closet. I would like to see some finished quilts I made in my house.

5. Nancy G.

On my bucket list: Cruise through the Panama Canal, visit Mt. Rushmore, make a crocheted table cloth, write a recipe book. I love your quilts, Edyta!

6. Nancy G.

On my bucket list: Cruise through the Panama Canal, visit Mt. Rushmore, make a crocheted tablecloth, write a recipe book. I love your quilts, Edyta!

7. Brenda

Thank you for sharing on your blog. I love your books and calendars. I can’t wait to add
    Reasons For Quilts to my collection.

8. Cathie Donahay

OMG!!! I love love love everything what you have done. Keep up! Thank you so much for sharing. Have a great sewing day! Cathie

9. Mo Pfister

I want to that you SO much for helping me with my quilting dilemma. I have gotten back on track and feel like I will have the beautiful Bon Voyage piece completed in no time at all. I have also traced Hop To It out on freezer paper but am unsure if I will needle turn or use the fusible method. It is for my mother-in-law. Her name is Bunny. 🙂 PERFECT!

10. Krista Hohl

Edyta!
    Thank you so much for braving the winter weather this morning & taking a tripto the middle of the thumb! What an amazing presentation. Your talents are a true gift from god. You are an artist with fabric. I was really blessed to see your work. By quilting sisters & I learned alot of new tips & look forward to purchasing your new book & fabrics. Thank you again for a wonderful day!! Krista Hohl

11. Carol

Looking forward to Saturday and seeing you in Decker, MI. Your work is just wonderful. You certainly are arising “sitar” in the quilting world. Will have two of your books for you to autograph. Welcome to blogging!

12. jane resko

I loved the story of your husband’s grandmother’s quilt and how you took a part of your’s and put in remain’s of grandma’s inside.What wonderful memory’s to lay your weary head down on.As a quilter you know every stitch is made with love and a million thought’s of family member’s . There is a whole life story in our quilt’s. Each one wrap’s you in the warmth of our love.

13. Melanie

That’s such a beautiful story! I almost cried reading it. It sure is something to heat how everyone got started quilting. Thank you for sharing your story. Your pillow is really pretty and how nice to have such a special quilt tucked inside.

14. mimi'sdarlins

I would love to see a photo of the quilt in your banner at the top of your blog, it’s beautiful! I noticed you also used it in the background of the pillow you made from grandma’s old quilt. Perhaps you could also tell us something about the quilt and the fabrics used. Thanks!

15. Kim

Sadly, looks like Michigan is going to get some more snow today…I know enough already but are too here in NY. Oh well it will keep me at my machine a bit longer to create a few more quilts :0).
    Welcome to blogland and I wish you continued success.
    Can’t wait to see what goodies will come our way from that little UPS box :0).

Happy sewing

16. Kristyne

Hi Edyta! You might not remember me, but we met at Market in Houston. I asked how to pronounce your name and I told you my husband was Polish. You convincingly persuaded me to visit Poland sooner than later because the country is changing so fast. (We’re planning a trip for next year!)

Anyhow, I’m looking forward to your pillow talk tomorrow (again, your talk at Market was my favorite – so personal and heartwarming). You tell a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

Good luck with your blog! (I just started one myself – I think you’d find my first post about my name a little entertaining. 🙂

best regards.

17. Beverly McCulty

We had a great time on the cruise. Just loved your class. Your quiltd are so beautiful.
    You make everything so easy.BEV

18. Marlene Schomaker

So happy to see Edyta join the blog world. I love seeing and hearing what she is up to and if she will be in my neighborhood. (Only one week before she visits Decker, MI & we will be having a strip exchange.) I am so excited about all of the “exchanges” she has inspired! Can hardly wait for more postings on the blog….

19. Janet Howse

Hooray Edyta finally has a blog! It has been fun to watch as you evolve and grow in the quilting world. I loved your episode on the “Quilt Show”. Keep up the good work!

20. pam

Dear Edyta! Welcome to blog land! Your fabrics and quilts and books are some of my very favorite. I am making a wedding quilt from Close to my Heart in the pinks and browns…can’t wait to give it to them! Loved seeing you on the Quilt Show recently…and your daughter’s prom dress was Project Runway worthy! Adorable! Pam in Chico

21. Ginny Worden

Oh my goodness, I am so excited that you have a blog. I love your stuff, looking forward to following your quilting adventures.

22. Ann

WOW – what a welcome – look at all the Moda heavy hitters who commented on your blog! I loved the vibe in your feature in APQ – what a marvelous environment you created! I’m looking forward to following your blog.

23. janan

Edyta, I LOVE your quilts and all your fabrics! Such talent!
    The colors are amazing! Just read about you in American Patchwork!
    Your quilts are fabulous!

24. Liz S.

Edyta,
    I just finished my “mountain top” with friendship triangles that we exchanged at Kathy’s shop, Fabric, Quilt, Scissors in New Era, MI. My sister has completed one too! We missed you at the exchange evening, but we enjoyed the quilts that you generously gave Kathy to show…
    My next project of yours, will probably be the spools quilt made out of friendship strips. Love your stuff!
    Sincerely,
    Liz

25. Carol Schon

As I’ve been following the Moda pillow blog hop, I was surprised to not see your name, since I well know you design for Moda. …so, I will definitely be following your blog and looking forward to staying in touch. I’m not sure how you are going to fit another thing into your busy schedule, but I’m glad you are doing this!

26. Luned

Love the look of the blues and creams in both those quilts.
    I bought your book Friendship Strips recently and loved the look of the Farmhouse quilt so much I bought the kit from your website (which arrived here in the UK really quicklyless than a week – thank you). It’s wonderful – so well packed and labelled! I’ve got a few days holiday the week after next so I’m saving it as a treat to start then, but I keep unpacking it and stroking the fabric. Just to get familiar with it you know…;) I’m looking out for a full bundle of Bon Voyage now, as I just know I’ll want to use more of it.

27. Deb Strain

Welcome to the blog world Edyta! I’m so glad that we will be able to stay in
    touch and see what you are doing….wonderful things, I’m sure!
    Happy Valentine’s Day,
    Always,
    Deb Strain

28. WendyMT

I read on ModaLissa’s blog that you had started a blog so I hopped on over here to say how glad I am to see you in the bloggihood … Your quilts are gorgeous! I’ve purchased your calendars for the last two years just so I could enjoy them every day of the year 🙂 Thank you and welcome to the ‘hood!

29. kate spain

Edyta! What fun that you’ve joined us in blogland. Like Polly, i read the piece about you in APQ. You definitely are a fabric angel! Looking forward to your Pillow Talk. ~kate

30. Polly Minick

Hi
    Funny I would get this email from our Lissa saying you are on board – as I was sitting in my studio reading your story in the magazine that came today – very nice!
    Polly